According to the information of the Sumaira Halal Council The Halal Science Center Chulalongkorn University is again hosting the 2nd Thailand Halal Assembly, (December 25-27, 2015).
Central Islamic Council of Thailand (CICOT) is the official body mandated by the Royal Thai government to issue Halal Certification in Thailand. CICOT is established under a Royal Act and is chaired by the Thailand's Sheikhul Islam with the authority to administer all Islamic affairs and provide advice on Islamic affairs to Thai government.
The "Thailand Diamond Halal" is the Halal Mark of CICOT which is synonymous for High Quality, Health and Halal. The Halal Assembly would be attended by VIPs, experts, buyers and trade visitors from more than 50 countries and aims to promote Halal Certified products trade between Thailand and the OIC countries. This year, the Halal Assembly would celebrate the following concurrent events:
- Thailand Halal Expo (25-26-27 December, 2015): 200 International and local companies would exhibit their Halal Certified Products.
- 8th HASIB International Conference (26-27 December, 2015): An international Conference focused on Halal Science, Industry & Business activities in the world.
- Halal CB Convention (25 December, 2015): A meeting of international Halal Certification bodies including the following activities:
- OIC/SMIIC Halal Standards Workshop (conducted by OIC/SMIIC experts)
- Mutual Recognition Agreements between Halal Standard Institute of Thailand & International Certification Bodies, (conducted by CICOT experts)
- Halal Marketing Workshop (25 December, 2015): An exclusive training workshop focused on, "Importance of Halal Branding for export enhancement'
- Halal Business Matching (25 December, 2015): An exclusive networking session between buyers and suppliers to foster international Halal trade.
The host and organizers are pleased to invite to attend this prestigious networking event comprised of a gathering of high- level participants, industry experts, academicians and scholars.