The Resolution of the President “On measures to radically improve the system of freight and passenger transportation” was adopted.
In accordance with the resolution, from July 1, 2019, the following will be canceled:
- State duty for issuing license cards for towing vehicles used for international transport;
- Mandatory certification of new trucks and special vehicles that meet the requirements of the Euro-5 and Euro-6 environmental classes, as well as trailers and semi-trailers used to transport goods by road;
- The requirement for a cash register in vehicles used for the carriage of passengers;
- The requirement to pass certification for compliance with the qualification requirements of individual entrepreneurs engaged in the carriage of goods by road, as well as the head of the legal entity engaged in this activity;
- The requirement for the availability of vehicles on the balance of legal entities when obtaining a license to carry out activities for the transport of passengers and goods by road.
From April 1, 2019, the state duty for certifying a lease agreement between legal entities and individuals (405,460 soums) is halved against the current one.
In addition, from July 1, 2019:
- Payment terminals, taximeters and radio communication devices required for linear taxis can be replaced with devices with special applications that provide functions of replaceable devices (cell phones, tablets, electronic payment systems);
- It is allowed to impart the required color to the legislation (yellow in the regions, and ivory in the city of Tashkent) for a linear taxi by using self-adhesive materials without the need for painting;
- Taxi cars can move along a special bus lane, as well as stop in the area of the “Stop prohibited” sign;
- Application for obtaining foreign / multilateral permits for international road transport is considered within one working day from the date of receipt of the application.
From September 1, 2019, the procedure for the organization of stationary and mobile points for weight and dimensional control is being introduced.
In addition, as noted in the Resolution, proposals on granting the right to individual entrepreneurs to carry passengers on cars (currently only legal entities can do this activity) will be submitted to the Cabinet of Ministers within one month.